
This week, I have been attending the fall Christian Leadership Conference at my new found house of worship, First Baptist Mount Zion. Thursday night, Bishop spoke on the 5 Fold Team Ministry, the Objectives of each, and the Qualifications for Ministry Leaders. I was so moved, I suggested to my fiancĂ©' that upon his arrival to town for the weekend that he simply meet me there instead of our usual Friday night spot...some 4 or 5 star restaurant. Anywho, he obigliged me and tonight Bishop took this whole idea of leadership to another level. His focus...Leaders v. Mangers. After numerous comparisons and contrasts between the two, he ultimately stated that in ministry you need a balance of both. Enter Nadia’s take home message.
Regardless of whether I am a leader or a manager, I must ALWAYS make the distinction between a VISION and a PROJECT. A VISION is a supernatural appearance that conveys a revelation, thought, concept, or object formed by a manifestation to the senses of something immaterial; discernment, foresight, or direct mystical awareness of the supernatural "GIVEN by God because we cannot afford it." A PROJECT is a planned undertaking, task or problem formulated from research by a large group that is government-supported to supplement something or someone else many times with your own resources.
What is the correlation between the Vision and the Project and The Broken Set and the Second Set??? Glad you asked. First, I am of the opinion that The Broken Set (i.e., use before yesterday) is comparable to a PROJECT. The Second Set (i.e., us since yesterday) is analogous with a VISIONDon't get it twisted, I have always believed and acknowledge God's will in our meeting, courtship, and our upcoming nuptials. Yet, before yesterday, I was more apt to rely on self versus God in the manners of relationship.
The take home message...One must discern if what they do, who they do it with, when they do it, how they do, and why they do it must be subjected to this question, "Is it a VISION or a PROJECT?" And in leadership, as well as marriage, if you do not have the right people, in the right place, the whole idea of TEAM goes out the window - it will never be what it could, would, and should be according to God's holy ordinance.
So tonight, I am pleased to publically proclaim what we privately have known that Me and Mine - we - are a VISION from God that will be balanced by His grace and His mercy. This is my solemn vow.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.